Thank you for your interest in hosting an event at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum (ALPLM). Our rental policies reflect our unique facilities and pertain to types of events, decorations, catering, event promotion, event set-up, etc.
Events at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum must be social, cultural, recreational, corporate, educational or personal in nature. The ALPLM cannot be used for partisan political events. Please note that rental events may not interfere with the normal public operation of the ALPLM and are subject to the attached policies and procedures.
Please click on the link below to view full ALPLM rental policies.
Rental Policies Document
Included in the rental policies are insurance requirements. Any company, not-for-profit organization or individual wishing to rent a venue at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum must present a certificate of insurance 30 days before the event date. Such insurance shall be with a commercial insurance firm acceptable to the State and must include the following:
- The policy must provide that it cannot be canceled without at least 10 days prior written notice to the ALPLM.
- The insurance policy shall provide General Liability and Property Damage in a general aggregate amount not less than $1 million for each occurrence.
- The policy shall cover bodily injury not less than $500,000 for each occurrence and in the aggregate.
- It shall cover property damage for any peril not less than $100,000 for each occurrence and in the aggregate.
- The certificate must name the following as Additional Insured:
- The State of Illinois
- The Board of Trustees of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, its employees, agents, officials and volunteers
- The certificate must be sent to the Venue Rental Office at least 30 days before the event by mail or email to Britta.Brackney@illinois.gov.
- NOTE: Rental clients choosing an outside caterer will need to have the caterer provide a insurance certificate as described in the Venue Rental Policies document.
Please contact the Venue Rental Office at 217-558-8873 if we may provide information, answer questions, or discuss a reservation with you. Thank you again.