Admission Policy Changes
THE MUSEUM IS REOPENING - January 25, 2021
We welcome you back to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum! To ensure that you can have a safe and enjoyable visit, please read about some changes, restrictions, and temporary closures and the increased cleaning we are doing throughout our facility.
Admission Policy Changes
- Guests should purchase tickets in advance. Capacity is limited. Purchase tickets online or call 217-558-8844 if you need assistance.
- Face coverings are required of all guests and must cover the mouth and nose throughout their visit.
- All guests must be screened for COVID-19 like symptoms, including a no-touch temperature check to ensure body temperature is below 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit. If symptoms are present or the guest has been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, the guest must postpone their visit. Tickets will be refunded.
- All groups continue to book through the Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau. Plan for additional time for disembarking and wellness checks. Groups will not be allowed to congregate in any areas.
- Our library is temporarily closed. Staff is ready to assist researchers by calling 217-524-6358 or through email ALPLM.Reference@illinois.gov.
- Our free parking garage is located on the corner of Sixth and Madison Streets.
Temporary Closures & Restrictions
- Our theatrical presentations, Lincoln's Eyes and Ghosts of the Library are restricted to a limited number of guests each hour. Please make sure you allow yourself enough time to experience both shows.
- Mrs. Lincoln's Attic, our youth activity area, and Union Station, the location of our train exhibition, are temporarily closed.
- Our onsite SUBWAY restaurant is temporarily closed.
- Due to health concerns, interactive touchscreens and other touchable elements are temporarily closed throughout the museum.
- All in-person hands-on programs are currently suspended. Please visit our events page for virtual options.
- Our venues are available for rentals at reduced capacity. Special procedures have been put in place to keep you and your guests as safe as possible.
Tips for a Safe Visit
- Purchase tickets in advance online or call 217-558-8844.
- Shortly before your ticketed time, arrive at the museum entrance.
- Before you enter the building, please put on a face covering. It must be fitted properly, covering both your mouth and nose at all times.
- Have your ticket handy, ready for our staff to scan.
- Limit personal belongings. All bags will be checked by security personnel.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Wash your hands or use sanitizer frequently.
- While inside our buildings, remember to wear a face mask or covering at all times.
- Always follow the "One Lincoln Rule," maintaining a distance of 6'4" away from other guests or groups.
- Avoid touching items located throughout the museum – including handrails and surface tops.
Your Health & Safety is Our Priority
We at the ALPLM take the health and safety of everyone entering our doors with seriousness. Special attention is given to cleaning and disinfecting the library and museum. Here's how we're keeping our facility clean:
- Commonly-touched surfaces like handrails, door handles, tabletops, and seating is disinfected frequently throughout the day. Not touching items or surfaces is an effective way to limit the spread of viruses.
- Public restrooms are deep-cleaned and sanitized at least every 2 hours. After using the restrooms, please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds to ensure they are clean.
- Hand-sanitizing dispensers are located throughout the facility for visitors to use.
- Seating for our theater experiences are cleaned and disinfected every morning, after every show, and at the end of the day to protect all visitors.
Plan Your Visit